Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Greener Grasses

Being a stay-at-home mom has many challenges as well as rewards. For one thing, my whole day revolves around a tiny little being who is developing in every way at warp speed. Okay, the growing isn't exactly warp speed at just 1/2" growth since her 12 month checkup...but for her pants, that's at least enough to move her up to size 18 month!

Anyway, I know I am all consumed with my daughter's every life moment. It used to drive me a little nuts because I thought I was losing myself. Then I began to read blogs, emailed everyone I knew and read the internet news to feel more "worldly". It did help, but I noticed today when I was writing addresses on envelopes that my handwriting has gone to hell in a handbasket. (I know! Who SAYS that these days??)

So I have times where the grass seems a little greener on the working mom's side. I've toyed with the idea of starting a business, either a franchise or my own creation. Then my toddler will do something like run over to me with my panties around her neck, her shorts on her head, and the sweetest baby babble ever heard...*poof* the idea vanishes just as quickly as she goes giggling around the corner.

I'm learning to appreciate what God and my husband have enabled me to do. Staying home with Isabella is not only a blessing for me, but for her, and for that I am thankful. Sure, I'll become the bad guy one day instead of being her all for everything. I'm okay with that. I know my husband certainly looks forward to the day she's a daddy's girl! Maybe THAT is when I'll take up a new career. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

the grass isn't greener, dear sister. it is just the light at certain times of day. you and miss bella have it made. you will treasure all your time with her! you have your whole life to work after she gets growed! you gotta be there to grow her!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» »