Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Cyclist?

My daughter is cyclical. No, she isn't training for the Tour de France. She goes through distinct phases, like her dad who bowled obsessively until he smacked himself in the ankle with the ball enough to stop. Now he's all about the weeds in the yard. He'll get up at 6am on a day he could sleep in just to sweat over some crab grass.

Bella's current cycle involves ear lobes. Whether hers or someone she loves, when Bella is tired, sad or bored, she goes for the lobes. It is strange and sweet, though also annoying when I'm trying to get ready for the day and she's asking for my ear lobes. Sometimes, if I deny her lobe clinging, she throws a tantrum...another great sign she'll be two next week!

So, I guess my question (concern?) is, will she always be this way? Ear lobes now, boys later? Hey, don't think the jump is that far fetched!

To make me feel better, what are some cycles your kid has gone through and gotten over? While I await your answers, Bella will rub my ear lobes.


11 comments:

sarah said...

Since Supergirl is not two yet either she has not had too many, but has definitely had some. She used to pinch the holy crap out of me, my arms used to have teeny tiny bruises everywhere, I had to constantly assure people I was not on heroin. Now it's then knuckles. She love love loves my knuckles. Which is great because it's the one place that doesn't hurt when she pinches!

Amanda said...

what a funny picture! she is so funny about lobes - mine, deeyon's, yours... funny girl.

i used to rub something a lot when i was younger... what was it? oh yeah! THAT.

could be worse!

What's so funny? said...

Hysterical! I can see why she does this. I love earlobes. They are so soft and furry, aren't they?

Too much information?

Well I guess it's better than using a binkie, which took forever to rid our child of! (My fault, I couldn't bare to hear her cry)

Glad you updated!

Jennboree said...

Ohhhhhh...don't let me mislead you. She still uses a pacifier. Once I weaned her (actually she just quit one day), she and her paci are like velcro. We too can't stand to hear her cry so we still indulge her habit. Bad. BAD!

Greg said...

Hm.

I don't think our kids have done anything like that... I am trying to think...

Lobes? Could be worse I guess. Right?

Michelle said...

We got rid of Little Man's bink when he was ten months old, only to have my mother give it back to him one night when he cried for a second... and we haven't gotten rid of it since. Except at the sitter's. He won't use it there, but here he has to have it. Argh.

koyama said...

She seems like a very focussed little girl! That is cute. I can't wait for little things like that..

Anonymous said...

Caleb went though the same thing. We always knew he was ready to sleep when he held his ear. Then he would hold ours as he nodded off.

I think all our kids had quirly phases like that, though I cannot think of them specificaly at the moment.

And we're still trying to get the pappies away from Annelise. We are pretty well done in the daytime, but she wants two at night - not at the same time, she alternates them.

Jennboree said...

Thanks, Oddmix! Glad to know my child is as normal as she can be with us as parents :)

tallulah said...

My 3 year old wants to you to hold is hand and his toes. I'm always asking one of his brothers or sister to fill in for me when I'm busy!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»