Monday, June 19, 2006

Biting Off More Than is Chewable

I am so blessed and thankful to be pregnant for a second time.

HOWEVER...

This pregnancy is far less enjoyable. Perhaps because I'm chasing after my very busy two-on-Friday daughter. Perhaps because my body knows what to do this time and everything is happening faster, including the aches and pains. Perhaps because we had the bright idea to try and sell three houses, move my MIL and our family somewhere completely new. Perhaps because I thought I could handle having an estate sale to help move some of the bulk we have. Perhaps because I'm just as stubborn this time as I was when pregnant with Bella and try to take on every project imaginable.

SO...I have decided to try and chill out.

To focus on my daughter in all her delightfulness.

To enjoy time as a family of three before we become four.

To go on dates with my husband as much as possible before we're strapped to the newborn clock.

To chunk the idea of an estate sale as well as selling three homes at once.

To inhale as much Tylenol as my doctor allows and swim when possible to help my already floating ligaments.

Yeah, I'm still obsessing about prepping the house for family once baby arrives. I'm gonna clean out cabinets like crazy. I'll probably scrub all the door frames. Most likely fold and refold baby clothes. But at least they are little projects.

My husband quickly clued in to my desperate nesting. Last night he said he'd made a list of things we should do before baby arrives. I calmly asked him if we could go by my list instead. A moment of silence, then recognition of the wild-eyed pregnant wife before him and quick agreement to do WHATEVER I want.

I love my husband.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

hahaha!

i am glad you are cutting back on your projects! i have no doubt that you had the best of intentions, but NOT reaching your goals could totally increase stress. it is best to set the bar low.

What's so funny? said...

AAAAhhhaaa! You mention nesting. Boy, oh boy, do I remember THAT phase. I've not started yet on #2 but I'll be coming to you for help I'm sure.

...selling three houses? Yikes! That'll require Tylenol indeed!

Try Mommy and daugther Yoga. Supposed to work great!

Jennboree said...

Yes, I've set the bar much lower. If I can load the dishwasher and wash one set of towels, I've considered that a day of accomplishments.

Hmmmm...yoga. Can I conclude that with a snack?

Katrina said...

Wise man you have there. :D The good ones recognize that hormonal gleam in your eye and steer clear!

What a good reminder to chill out. I think I can use that advice for enjoying my kids' childhoods more, too. :)

Jennboree said...

Well, what helped that was scanning summer television and coming across Super Nanny. The frazzled mom had 3 kids and was doing everything BUT paying attention to those poor little souls who followed her from room to room. Made me sad and I don't want to be THAT mom.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been making some really sensible choises. And it sounds like your husband correctly recognized the only available option that involved him surviving the pregnancy intact. Good for him.

Trinity13 said...

I hear ya on the aches and pains! I don't remember being this uncomfortable with my first one. But my loving hubby has picked up my slack by doing the dishes for me...I love it!

Btw, I agree, go on as many dates as possible with your hubby before the baby gets here...who knows when you'll get that time alone again. :-)

Lauren said...

Hello friend. I thought I'd visit your blog since you left a comment on mine. Congratulations on the pregnancy. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Thank you for sharing a bit of what you have gone through. I am so sorry for your loss. May you be blessed throughout your pregnancy, and may God provide you with exactly what you need at the right times.

<><

koyama said...

THREE HOUSES? Is that a hobby or a career or....??
Wow! You are busy! Good luck and I hope it can be all wrapped up before D-Day! My husband is in the same line of work and sometimes I want to break his cell phone..

Jennboree said...

Oh, no...we are putting the three house sale in hold. We WERE going to sell his mom's old house (which is already empty and on the market) and then sell the house she's in (which we own) as well as the house we are in...then buy land with a house and build a small house for MIL on the land so she'd be close by to care for.

WHEW. Even writing all that out seems absurdly complicated! We're going to still do the plan of living on the same land, but maybe not for another 5-7 years, before our girls start getting too far up in school.