Thursday, June 05, 2008

Two Little Monkeys Jumpin On The Bed...

2007
2008



I don't really remember if Amanda, six years younger than me, would do whatever I asked whenever I asked. I hope so, for my Mom's sake, because it is quite entertaining to watch Ava do what her sister tells her to.

Sometimes Ava will come into the room wearing 7 layers of Bella's clothes. She looks like a 2 feet tall rainbow Eskimo.
Yesterday afternoon she came running into the living room wearing my silk nightie as a superhero cape. The guy working on our spa was certainly surprised and I was shocked to know I still had nighties.

This morning, Bella shaved Ava's beard with a baby comb. I didn't bother to tell her that most girls don't have beards. Maybe she's hoping Ava will join Barnum & Bailey?

No matter what role play they are in, Ava dutifully obeys. Right now she is the perfect playmate for Miss Bossy. I don't expect this will last forever because as monkeys see and monkeys do, Ava will one day want to be Miss Bossy. I don't think that's going to play out as smoothly. Though perhaps cousin Korenna will be her Bossy apprentice.

For now though, Ava seems content with repeating the last word of every one of Bella's sentences, wearing sister's panties over her diaper and doing as she's told without much fuss(by Bella, certainly not by her mother).









6 comments:

cori said...

Too precious...I'm so glad you're there to capture these moments. They just leave your heart all aflutter with love, don't they? How fun it is to watch our children learn about life and imitate life with each other.

The Girl Next Door said...

Oh that last picture is just PRECIOUS!!!!!! I had to laugh at the dress up picts though! I have a picture of Joci in a similar outfit that just cracks me up! She is all about doing some dress up these days and we can not just wear ONE thing we love, oh no, we must wear ALL things we love... at once... and a tiara, because EVERYONE knows NO outfit is complete without a tiara! It is my favorite time of day when she get's dressed because she wears things in ways I would never have imagined and she ALWAYS says, "look at me! BEEAAUUUUUUTIFUL HUH?" What can one say but "yes baby, you are!" with all the love and conviction in their heart that "yes, you are the most beautiful thing ever made!"

I was quite horriable with my sister when I got older and telling her what to do! One time I told her to "get lost"... while we were camping... in the forrest... and she did!!!!! When she was found, thank GOD she didn't go very far and her cries could be heard she said, "Tanya told me to get lost!" Sigh, that was not the best trip for me after that let me tell you.LOL

Jennboree said...

Oh, I used to torture poor Amanda too. I'd roll down the hill of our front yard and play dead. She'd start bawling and run to get Mom who'd of course tell me to quit. So, naturally, I played dead over and over again. Sweet little sister freaked out EVERY TIME. ha. good times...

louann said...

Oh those are sooo cute! And Ave has grown so much!

It's the complete opposite with my boys, my 2 year old IS the boss.

Us said...

Great pics!

Amanda said...

how sad that i didn't see these pictures sooner! they make me smile! :)