Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wonder Girl

My children are so different. If you have more than one, I'm sure you can claim the same.




Bella is sweet, sensitive and princessy (read that to mean theatrical if you wish). Ava is Miss Jekyl and Hyde. I mean that in the most loving way, of course. She can go from a tender kissy moment to an ear-piercing "No!" with sparks of fire in her eyes faster than you can even think to blink.

I'm not sure what to do with this tiny screaming bundle of wonder. Naturally, Ava picks the best times to display her tonsils. The store. A friend's house. Anywhere that "inside voices" are preferred.


She's smart as a whip and SHE KNOWS IT. Singing her ABCD's as loud as she can with a triumphant smile when everyone around oooh's and ahhh's. She dresses and undresses herself faster than a tire change at a NASCAR race then exclaims, "I did it!" Ava knows how to draw circles and does so on everything. She tells everyone her name with great satisfaction. "I'm Aba Eeesabef!"


The girl isn't even two and already tells us "I do it mysef!"

I mean, come on!

The challenge before me? Helping this child use her abilities for good and not evil. I decided to not put her into school this year but realize now that I'll have to fill that time with things for her to do. When she's bored, she's a force to be reckoned with.

For all the itty bitty whirlwind that Ava is, her number one favorite person is still her big sister. She wants to be all that Bella is and more. Note the TWO crowns on her head...












3 comments:

Katrina said...

Look at that adoration in her eyes as she gazes at her big sister! Definitely a little hero worship going on there. Ava sounds like a bundle of fun; she's blessed to have a mom who clearly appreciates her unique and exuberant personality!

louann said...

Oh I love the last pic!! So so cute

I can totally relate to what you're saying. Some have told me that the littler one has the tendency to want to do whatever the older one does and if possible, do it better. They're more competitive they say.

MeesheMama said...

Okay, I've never met your girls but that last picture made me teary.

(And yes, I can relate to everything you wrote.)