Friday, November 14, 2008

Something in the air...

I don't know how but it is not humanly possible for me to ever leave Target without having given them a hundred bucks.

I went in today with a list for 10 things. TEN. Then the One Spot drew me in. $5 there. No biggie. Then the sale rack for the OshKosh Genuine Kids (my favorite for the girls!). $11 there (one striped pant, 2 polka dot leggings). Not bad, eh?

The rest is a blur. All I know is that when it came to checkout time, my eyebrows shot up as the register did. $104.23.

DANGIT ALL!

That target logo is really hypnotic spend all-your-money trickery. I'm on to them now! HAHAHA!

So....see you next week with my hundred?

5 comments:

tallulah said...

I'm with you there Jenn....Target is my favorite place to shop!

The Girl Next Door said...

Me too! I am convinced they have a nothing less then $100 policy myself.

cori said...

I think you tacitly consent the the 'I promise to spend at least $100' when you walk thru the front entrance. It's part of their mind control thing they've got going with the whole dot logo.

Anonymous said...

Target I assume is like Wal-Mart? Ours is the highest traffic Wal-Mart in all of Canada and YES it is like 'spend money' drugs float through the air and your quickie run for toilet paper always multiplies to at LEAST $80-100!!

~Kandace

Jennboree said...

Target is the gold star of supercenters. I became a Target addict about a year ago after dropping off Bella at school and whisking Ava to the store for "just a few things". It has never been just a few things since!